TWO more residents of Maryland are being tested for the coronavirus that has sickened more than 80,000 worldwide.
Governor Larry Hogan made this known at a news conference held at the state emergency operations center in Reisterstown on Thursday.
The samples were sent to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Officials expect results in the next two or three days.
Two other Marylanders have tested negative since the outbreak of COVID-19 began earlier this year.
Hogan outlined the state’s preparedness and said he’d be submitting a supplemental budget request for $10 million for the effort.
The governor asked Marylanders not to panic but to be prepared for more infections, school closures and event cancellations and to work from home. For now, he said, the risk remains low.