Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Baga Attack, As Shekau Calls Buhari ''Infidel''

_73205156_6b83ca3c-bf81-43e0-beb2-c503274e87e2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BORNO –

 

 

Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for the attack on Baga in which scores of civilians were killed when the insurgents seized a multinational military base.

The Islamist group leader, Abubakar Shekau said in a video that his fighters carried out the deadly attacks earlier this month.

The insurgents, who invaded Baga at the start of the year, razed many buildings and homes in the week that followed, shooting civilians as they tried to flee.

The video was in the trademark Boko Haram style, with the bearded man claiming to be Shekau in combat fatigues talking in the northern Nigerian Hausa language surrounded by masked gunmen.

Shekau said in hia local language: “We are the ones that carried out the attack and it is just the tip of the iceberg.’’

The militant, who boasted about weapons seized during the Baga attack, also threatened more attack.

On the forthcoming presidential elections, Shekau said he did not care who emerges winner on February 14 between Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and incumbent Goodluck Jonathan.

He said: “Jonathan you are in trouble.’’

“And Buhari, do you think he is a true Muslim? He’s an infidel,” Shekau said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *